Saturday, June 9, 2012

Toast in the Microwave?

Ok, not really toast, but french toast. (I know, I really should have come up with a better title, so sue me) Ooh la la.

I stumbled upon this recipe, 2-minute-french-toast-in-a-cup yesterday and had to try it. I was not disappointed. That said, I have to admit I added my own little twist.

I used my sons big "Homer" mug. I cut up 2 pieces of bread and added it to the mug. In a separate container I blended 1 egg, 2T milk (I used almond), a dash each of cinnamon and nutmeg and a splash of vanilla. I've always added both cinnamon and nutmeg when making french toast. It's just my thing.

Like the recipe said I melted a little butter in the bottom of the mug before adding my bread. And I slowly added the egg mixture on top of the bread so that the top pieces get some loveliness and not just the bottom. Then I stirred it a bit to further ensure that the egg is well distributed. Into the microwave it went for 1 minute.

And for the pièce de résistance I added a sliced strawberry on top, microwaved for an additional 20 seconds and topped with maple syrup. Manoman ... it was so tasty I forgot to take a picture because I dove right in and ate it all up. Maybe next time. A big thank you to Jaime of Prudent Baby for posting this easy morning (or anytime) treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment