Sunday, January 10, 2010

Beginning

Every place has a start, a beginning, and this is that point for this blog. I've started other blogs, but found my interests are too varied to have a single focus and with the New Year, I've decided to make writing daily a part of my new regime.

Potpourri Americana seems a fitting title for this little venture I'm about to embark upon. My aim is to add daily quips, quotes, trivia, recipes, whatever suits my fancy for that day.

What inspired this? It was actually thanks to Ron and a quote he posted that sent me on a little cyber journey whereupon I stumbled into an interesting little factoid about the word "lunch". And so my next post will be a sharing of that trivial bit of information.

Enjoy a sip of coffee while here, as I suspect these posts may not even be long enough for a whole cup of coffee, but who knows what will evolve over time.

2 comments:

  1. It seems like good beginning. Good luck and enjoy the coffee. Jr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see you. I hope you come back by often. :)

    ReplyDelete