Thursday, January 14, 2010

Procrastination

Why do now what you can put off until tomorrow.

I struggled with what to write about today and as the day nears its end and still I have nothing, it became clear that procrastination will be the topic of the day.

Now I found an interesting little thing on another blog regarding stress control and procrastination. This was an idea that seemed so novel to me. Make a procrastination list. I think I like that idea.

We often get so busy and always either write down or have in the back of our minds all the things we need "to do". This adds to our stress load. So in 8 Unconventional Ways To De-stress and Release Tension at the Zen habits blog, I could not help but be intrigued with #5 on the list.

5. Procrastinate. Make a list of things to do and then don’t do it. Call it your procrastination list. Then make the decision to engage in something you really feel like doing. If and when you become inspired to do something on your procrastination list then go for it. Maybe you really don’t have to do those things on your procrastination list or perhaps someone else may want to do those things for you. I believe that if you’re not accepting, enjoying or enthusiastic about what you’re doing then you shouldn’t do it. By procrastinating you often let go of resistance and become more relaxed.

And so I put it to you, find things that you, too, can add to your own personal procrastination list.

No comments:

Post a Comment