Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Random Dream of Garlic

I had a dream where a woman was talking with a group of friends, saying that she would not allow her children to go to Disneyland or participate in large group activities because of the risk of  "catching something".

I couldn't help but tell her that I try to add garlic to our diets when bugs are going around. She smugly said, "We don't do garlic" and proceeded to hurry away. But I called out, "It's not that hard, just add garlic to your spaghetti sauce and have garlic bread. And Garlic Chicken is quick, easy and tasty." I noticed that her "rush" subsided as she slowed her pace, not quite ready to admit that she was intrigued.

I went on to tell her that many foods can help build our immune system, but that did not effect her as she continued, albeit a bit slower, on her way. So I added "chewing on Echinacea root is good when we are faced with being close to people during flu season", then I woke up. Not sure what the dream meant, but figured it would make a good post.

Rustic Garlic Chicken from Food and Wine dot com
Olive Garden's Tuscan Chicken on youtube
An easy Garlic Chicken recipe from garlic central dot com

You can also add extra garlic to any spaghetti sauce. It can easily be added to mashed potatoes, too.

Some more links:
on Garlic

on your immune system

No comments:

Post a Comment